As a Registered Drama Therapist (RDT), I combine therapeutic principles with drama therapy modalities for an opportunity of change and personal growth. Experiential and Relationship-Oriented Therapies are the foundation for my work as an RDT; however, each approach is based on a client’s needs and objectives. Most importantly, I believe everyone has value and purpose. Despite how one may think or feel, there is always truth: You matter. Your story matters. Share your story.
The following applications include select theories for Experiential and Relationship-Oriented Therapies. For more information or to schedule a group session, please complete the form located on Contact/Book Workshop.
Experiential and Relationship-Oriented Therapies
I. Existential Therapy
- Learning to accept anxiety as it occurs.
- Developing self-awareness and individual freedom.
- Living authentically and in the moment.
- Seeking meaning in a subjective world.
II. Person-Centered Therapy
- Making positive changes with practical outcomes.
- Joining creative nature with growth-fostering conditions.
- Having unconditional positive regard.
- Providing encouragement and validation of emotions.
III. Gestalt Therapy
- Experiencing spontaneity as avenue of healthy living.
- Focusing on the connection of mind and body.
- Combining self-awareness with self-regulation.
- Accepting change as it occurs.